Welcome to the
The Oregon Outdoor Education Coalition (OOEC) works to ensure that all of Oregon’s children—regardless of income, ethnicity and geography—have access to hands-on, place-based outdoor education within Oregon’s educational system.
The OOEC envisions a world in which every Oregon student acquires the knowledge and perspectives necessary to make responsible choices about nature and natural resources; we believe that the best way to accomplish this goal is through outdoor education.
Our hope is that Oregon’s youth have frequent opportunities, throughout their education, to actively learn in outdoor environments. Outdoor education uniquely enables students to:
- Study science and nature on-site and up close
- Acquire leadership and life skills
- Discover STEM, natural resource, and outdoor careers
- Grow into responsible stewards of our shared land and common history
- Succeed and belong, regardless of their learning style or background
- Improve their health
- Develop into well-rounded, connected human beings.
We invite you to join us in our effort to take the classroom outside, from preschool through high school and beyond!